Schaumburg, IL Repetitive Injury Attorneys
Workers' Compensation Injury Lawyers in Cook County and DuPage County
Many workplace injuries occur from a “single” accident or event, but not all of them. Sometimes workers can be injured from performing similar activities over and over again which are repetitive. Repetitive stress injuries (RSIs) occur gradually over time, and can have a serious impact on your ability to do your job, as well as other daily activities. Such injuries entitle the worker to workers' compensation benefits. At the workers’ compensation law firm of Grauer & Kriegel, LLC, we can help you obtain the benefits you deserve. We have represented injured workers for over 40 years, and we have the skill and experience to effectively guide you through the workers’ compensation process.
Workers’ Comp. Attorneys for Repetitive Injuries in Illinois
In order for a repetitive injury to qualify for workers’ compensation benefits it must be sustained in the course of employment. The repetitive action that led to the injury must also be job-related. There are numerous professions that are prone to repetitive injuries including:
- Office Workers – The repetitive strain of using a keyboard or computer mouse is a common cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which affects the wrist.
- Construction Workers – Workers who use jackhammers and other vibrating tools are at risk for repetitive injuries.
- Forklift Operators – This job generally requires repetitive neck rotations that can cause injuries.
- Meatpackers and Butchers – Constantly cutting and slicing meat in a repetitive fashion can cause injury.
- Factory Assembly Line Workers – Those who perform the same assembly action repeatedly without variation can sustain injury.
- Bakery Workers – Kneading dough for extended time periods can cause a repetitive injury.
- Massage Therapists – With their continual use of hands and fingers in massaging can cause injury.
- Grocery Store Checkers – Doing the repeated motion of scanning bar codes at check out can lead to a repetitive injury.
If you have sustained a repetitive stress injury while on the job, contact us at 847-240-9010 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your worker's compensation benefits. One of our attorneys will explain your rights and what you can expect from the claims process. Our office is located in Schaumburg, Illinois, just blocks from Woodfield Mall. We represent clients throughout the suburbs including in Cook, DuPage, Kane, and Lake Counties. There is no risk in pursuing maximum compensation for your injuries as we only charge attorneys’ fees after we have secured your recovery.